Sunday, March 11, 2012

Taylor Plans a Wedding: The Main Characters

Well, let's get this party started, shall we?


I thought it would be fun to give a little back story on how Zach and I met...


It all started my freshman year of college, when I was in the Pride of the Southland Marching Band, and I met one of my best friends, Krislyn Harrington. 
The lovely Miss Krislyn on the left!

We hit it off almost instantly and became quick friends.  Our sophomore year, we became roommates and remained so for the remainder of our undergraduate careers at UT.  Over the years, Krislyn mentioned several times her friend "Zach" from high school and told me many things about him.  I always listened with some interest but I never had a face to put a name with, and after Krislyn invited him to visit several times, and he never came, I just about gave up on ever meeting him.

So imagine my surprise when he FINALLY agreed to visit for Krislyn's 21st birthday.  He came to see Krislyn, although his intentions for visiting included our other new roommate.  I was seeing someone else, so timing just wasn't right.  Nevertheless, we enjoyed meeting each other and became friends.  

I guess Zach enjoyed his time at Krislyn's birthday because soon after my relationship ended, Zach came back to visit us (and it didn't take 3 years!).  Krislyn had to babysit all weekend, so I was stuck entertaining Zach.  We ended up really hitting it off, and something just... "clicked."  I texted my mom after he left and said, "I think I've just met my husband." 

Little did I know how right I was.

A couple years later, here we are!  I am in dental school...

And Zach is in physical therapy school! (Apparently the guys don't take pictures in PT school ;) )

Here we are on our trip to Washington, D.C....
And here we are at the College of Dentistry's GV Black Formal!

Zach is caring, trustworthy, compassionate, filled with love for God, giving, and a selfless man.  He is my very best friend in the world, and I can't wait to marry him!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment